Mark E. ThompsonFounder
Mark E. Thompson, Partner, has more than thirty years of legal experience. Mr. Thompson earned his J.D. degree cum laude from the University of San Fernando Valley, College of Law in 1976, and is admitted to the bar in California and in the U.S. District Courts for the Central and Eastern Districts of California, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Thompson is a Certified Specialist in Probate, Estate Planning and Trust Law, by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. He is a member of the Antelope Valley (Board of Directors, 1978-1982; President, 1982; Chairman, Lawyer Referral Service,1982-1983), Los Angeles County, California State (Member: Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section; Past Member, Subcommittee on Estate Planning), and American Bar Associations, and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
Mr. Thompson is active in many civic and professional organizations including the Antelope Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross (Board of Directors, 1983-1991; Chapter President, 1988-1990), the Gift Foundation of Antelope Valley Hospital (Past Member: Board of Directors, 1990-2000; Treasurer, 1992-1996), the Rotary Club of Lancaster (Director and President, 1996-1997), the A.V. Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (Associate Member), the Antelope Valley College Foundation (Board Member), the Edwards Air Force Base Civ - Mil Support Group (Board Member), and the Lancaster Performing Arts Center (Board Member).
Areas of Practice:
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- Elder Law
- Medi-Cal Planning
- Certified Specialist in Probate, Estate Planning and Trust Law, by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1978
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2008
University of San Fernando Valley College of Law, Panorama City, California, 1976 - J.D.
Honors: Cum Laude
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Antelope Valley Bar Association, 1982 - President
- Antelope Valley Bar Association, 1982 to 1983 - Chairman, Lawyer Referral Service
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section - Member
- State Bar of California, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section - Member
- State Bar of California, Subcommittee on Estate Planning - Past Member
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law - Member
- American Red Cross, Antelope Valley Chapter, 1983 to 1991 - Board of Directors
- American Red Cross, Antelope Valley Chapter, 1988 to 1990 - Chapter President
- The Gift Foundation of Antelope Valley Hospital, 1990 to 2000 - Past Member, Board of Directors
- The Gift Foundation of Antelope Valley Hospital, 1990 to 1996 - Treasurer
- Rotary Club of Lancaster, 1996 to 1997 - Director and President
- A.V. Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors - Associate Member
- Antelope Valley College Foundation - Pro Bono Legal Council
- California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform - Member
- Edwards Air Force Base, Civilian Military Support Group - Board Member
- Lancaster Performing Arts Center - Board Member
Thompson | VonTungeln A P.C. I highly recommend Thompson | Von Tungeln to anyone who is having to place a loved one in a nursing home.
Thompson | VonTungeln A P.C. Highly recommended
Thompson | VonTungeln A P.C. I want someone who is extremely knowledgeable, detail oriented, that I can count on and trust. Kevin Von Tungeln is the guy to fit that bill for me.
Thompson | VonTungeln A P.C. Thompson | Von Tungeln made me feel like I was their most important client.
Thompson | VonTungeln A P.C. I will always remember your kindness and professionalism during that difficult time.
- Backed by Decades of Legal Experience
- The Only Certified Specialists in Lancaster & Palmdale
- Former President of the Antelope Valley Bar Association
- Thousands of Clients Helped Throughout California
- Thoughtful, Comprehensive Legal Solutions Based on Your Needs
- Confidential Consultations Where We Will Meet to Discuss Your Goals